25 April 2013

slices of life, volume 3




Slices of Life, Volume 3


**************************************************************************************************************
January 22, 2013

On our way to soccer today Aaron was asking about how to drive a car...
Me: Then you push the pedals on the floor down to either stop or go.
Aaron: So...you kind of have to be tall enough to reach them.
Me: Yup, that's why you have to be 16 to drive.

(Aaron was quiet for a minute thinking...)

Aaron: Well Daddy is a lot taller than you...so that must be why he drives too fast. Because you are only supposed to go 65, NO FASTER.
Me: Yup. Good point.


**************************************************************************************************************
February 14, 2013


We had just finished making Isaac's Valentine's Day present from the kids.


Aaron: "I love this present more than anything.  Even more than Jesus."

It was a coffee mug we wrote on with Sharpie.  So...we will work on his theology. 


**************************************************************************************************************

February 19, 2013

I was trying to open the wrapper of a cheese stick.

Me:  Ooh, this cheese stick wrapper is stuck.
Sam:  Oh, get Daddy.
Me: No, I think I can do it.
Sam:  Daddy at home.  I get him.
Me:  I got it!
Sam:  Great job, Mommy!

So glad he has so much confidence in me.

 
**************************************************************************************************************
February 21, 2013

We were on FaceTime with Tutu and Phoebe, and I looked over to see Sam on the phone with his shirt off.

Me: Sam, why is your shirt off?
Sam: I showing them my nibbles. 

Okay...


A few minutes later,

Me: Sam, let's put your shirt back on.
Sam: No, I been wearin it ALL day.

So instead, he sat and watched Dora while playing with his nibbles... 


**************************************************************************************************************

March 4, 2013

Aaron: I don't want to be called Aaron anymore.

Me: So what should we call you instead?
Aaron:  I can't tell you.  It's a secret.
Me:  I have to have something to call you.
Aaron:  Well...okay.  My favorite name is Braaron.  Can you call me Braaron? 


**************************************************************************************************************

March 18, 2013

Sam and I were cleaning up the pieces from his Busytown board game.  I was counting the pieces as he put them in the bag...

Me:  One, two, three, four...
(Sam finds the fifth and sixth piece and puts them in)
Sam:  Cinco, seis...
 

**************************************************************************************************************

March 26, 2013

This morning Sam walked into the kitchen, climbed up at the table, and said:
"I need my coffee."
I said, "Sammy, you don't drink coffee. Coffee is for grown ups."
He stopped, thought for a minute, and said:
"Then I need a parrot."

Oh, okay then.


**************************************************************************************************************

March 26, 2013

Sam : "I need an iPad....how about that one?"  And points at Tutu's iPad, which she was using at that moment.  "Tutu, you want two dollars?"

Tutu : "No, do you have like 500 dollars?"
Sam : "Uh, let me check..."  And proceeded to lift up his shirt, checked in his belly button... "No, not in there!"  Shoves a hand in his diaper... "Not in there!"  Turns to Tutu, "How about three tickles?"

**************************************************************************************************************
March 27, 2013

Sam was sitting on the step (in time out), staring out the open front door.


Sam:  "Hello, birdie.  I'm sad.  Mommy say 'NO throwing, you sit on the step!'.  I sad....what that birdie?...what you say, birdie?....birdie, I can't hear you....I CAN'T HEAR YOU BIRDIE!  WHAT DID YOU SAY?!  BIRDIE, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!"


**************************************************************************************************************
 April 3, 2013

Me: Sam, what do you want to do today?

Sam:  How 'bout...some yaundry and bacuumin'?

That translates to laundry and vacuuming.  I THOUGHT YOU'D NEVER ASK.


**************************************************************************************************************
 April 25, 2013

Sam: Knock, knock.
Me: Who's there?
Sam: Anita.
Me: Anita who?
Sam:  Mooooooooo.

**************************************************************************************************************

No comments: