(I began this post back in July 2010. I only had one child, so I'm not quite sure what I was doing with all my time, but anyway...
It will be the first in a new series. I've been compiling funny little snippets of conversation from the boys over the past four (WHAT?) years and I'm going to post them, mixed with photos from the same time period. I think these are the things we won't want to forget, the stories that will be remember as family lore, told and retold on vacations. At least I hope so.
Without further ado...)
Slices of Life, Volume 1
It will be the first in a new series. I've been compiling funny little snippets of conversation from the boys over the past four (WHAT?) years and I'm going to post them, mixed with photos from the same time period. I think these are the things we won't want to forget, the stories that will be remember as family lore, told and retold on vacations. At least I hope so.
Without further ado...)
Slices of Life, Volume 1
We begin in July of 2010, when Aaron really started putting sentences together and coming up with independent thoughts. And he was (is) hilarious.
**************************************************************************************************************
July 2010
Me: Aaron, can you pass me that puzzle piece?July 2010
(A minute passes)
Me: Aaron, can you please pass me that puzzle piece?
(Another minute passes)
Me: Aaron, please pass me that puzzle piece now.
Aaron: Have patience, mama, have patience.
********************************************************************************************************
July 2010
Me (snuggling Aaron before bed): Can I have a kiss?
Aaron (offers me his cheek): Mmmmmwah.
Me: How about with your lips?
Aaron (puckers up and moves in for the kill): Mmmmmm...
Me (feeling something cold and slimy, I open my eyes): That's your tongue, not your lips!
Aaron (giggling madly): Togue, no yip!
This lovely interaction went on for a few months until he figured out what a kiss was. Nice.
********************************************************************************************************
October 2010
(Aaron is leaning precariously off the edge of the couch.)
Aaron: Mommy, say be careful (in a sing song voice)
********************************************************************************************************
October 2010
Phrases that Aaron says a LOT:
Hey, Mommy, are you awright?
Here, Tutu, dis for you. (while handing her something...usually a toy)
Oh, I miss you Bubber. (the only person he admits to missing)
Oh, _____, whey awe you? (whatever he is looking for)
I yuv you. (translation: I love you - generally requires prompting)
***********************************************************************************************************
January 2011
(While seeing me get ready to nurse Sam one evening.)
Mommy, what HAVE you got there???
(A few days later, after lengthy discussions about how Baby Sam drinks milk from Mommy and not milk from a cup, Aaron was again watching me nurse Sam.)
Is Baby Sam eating an apple?
I don't think he gets it.
***********************************************************************************************************
February 2011
(Tutu was showing Aaron how to play a certain game on the iPad.)
Tutu: If you press here, the screen will get bigger.
Aaron: Okay, Tutu, if you say so. (in a sing song voice)
***********************************************************************************************************
February 2011
Aaron: Aaron is getting REAWWY HUNGWY MOMMY. REAWWY HUNGWY. Let's eat cereal bar, PLEASE, Mommy.
***********************************************************************************************************
February 2011
Aaron: Mommy, what shape is dis?
Mommy: I don't know. What shape is that Aaron?
Aaron: It's a heart! Aw, how sweet. What a sweet heart. Is that such a sweet heart, Mommy?
**************************************************************************************************************
March 2011
Mommy: Aaron, no whining. You will not get what you want if you ask for it while whining.
Aaron: Aaron cannot whine, Mommy. And yet, Aaron is whining.
**************************************************************************************************************
April 2011
Aaron and I were doing a United States puzzle that has only the state capitals on the board, so you have to know what capitals match which states in order to put the pieces in correctly.
Mommy: Hmmm, Jackson....what state's capital is Jackson?
Aaron: Dat's Mississippi, Mommy.
Mommy: Oh. Hmmm, which one is Mississippi? (kind of talking to myself, since my geography skills are not so good.)
Aaron: It's dis one, Mommy (and picks it out of the pile of 30 states left.)
*************************************************************************************************************
July 2011
On the first day of potty training, Aaron is sitting on the potty, waiting for something to happen.
Suddenly, he yells "Did it work??!?!"
We laughed and so now that's what he asks us everytime he goes. Classic.
*************************************************************************************************************
No comments:
Post a Comment